Article by Michael Bunker -BYE BYE FACEBOOK

 

As some of you may know by now, I'm pulling back from Facebook...

I wrote about why HERE...Maybe give that a read if you want, then come back here. My reasons for stepping back from Facebook are in that article. This email is to let you know about some new stuff I'm doing, and how to keep in touch with me. Of course an easy way to keep up on what I'm doing in a general sense, is just to stay tuned here to my email newsletter. I'll always inform you when I have new things going on. But there are other opportunities too...A lot of my day-to-day hanging around and interaction is going to be moving to Thirdscribe. For those of you who are familiar with my author blog, that blog is hosted and powered by Thirdscribe.com. Thirdscribe is not just for authors, it is for readers as well. And although it has some nice premium services for bloggers, etc., it has a basic free level too. Think of it as a sort of Goodreads, but better. You can join for free and check it out, and participate with me in my new Bunker Club and Forum. And if you ever want to find me there and can't remember the link information, just go to my blog, then look down the left menu. Click where it says "Forum," and you're there. Now, Thirdscribe isn't a Facebook clone. It does away with a lot of the stuff I don't like about Facebook. You can't "like" things and just move on. If you want to interact, you have to comment. Just like the old-school threaded forums. But it is more interactive, which I like. And like I said, it's not just for authors, it's for readers too. You can create your own library of books, talk about books, follow authors and books you like, etc. It's pretty great.DISCLAIMER: *I am NOT being paid in any way by Thirdscribe for this testimonial. It's just a service I use and enjoy.

Join Thirdscribe
As you've heard me mention before, you can also follow me, interact, and support the stuff I'm doing through Patreon. Patreon is a fantastic service that allows patrons to support artists and creators that they appreciate. Back in the middle-ages, there weren't a lot of ways for artists and writers to get their content out there. So if you read a lot of autobiographies, biographies, etc., you'll learn that a lot of writers and artists we consider the masters today, had patrons. Patrons were usually (back then,) rich people who could afford to support an author, musician, or artist who otherwise wouldn't be able to focus on their creative content. People like Mozart, Davinci, Tolstoy, and Thomas Hardy had patrons. Ernest Hemingway and Ezra Pound worked raising donations from other artists and those who supported artists in order to raise money to support T.S. Eliot and "get him out of the bank." Eliot was working in Lloyd's Bank and didn't have enough time to write poetry. So this kind of patronage has a long history. Anyway, if you want to, you can join and support my work through Patreon.
Become a Patron
I'm currently working on two new website/blogs that will help me specialize content specifically for those who want it. The first new website/blog will be a homesteading/off-grid/non-electric-living/preparedness blog for those who are interested in that, and will provide access to a new high-level newsletter with expert information on those sorts of topics. More information on that as it comes to fruition.
Copyright © 2017 Michael Bunker, All rights reserved.You are receiving this email because you opted in to it. Please feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want it. As opposed to everything else in my life, this is a "free will" email list, and I don't add anyone - so if you want off... feel free!Our mailing address is:
Michael Bunker
1251 CR 132
Santa AnnaTexas 76878
[//michaelbunker.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=bd4d6a0a0584535e3373f682d&id=05fadb1a19]Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.